Charleston Criminal Defense Lawyer
Considering what is at stake in a criminal charge, it is especially important to have experienced, dynamic representation at the earliest point in your case. For years, Charleston criminal defense attorney Stephen Harris of Harris and Huge LLC has achieved successful results for people across the Lowcountry and beyond. A former public defender for Charleston County, Stephen has represented countless individuals over his career. His trial experience as well as his knowledge of the laws and procedures will give you every possible chance for success in your fight against the government.
DUI Defense Attorney – Handling All Kinds Of Criminal Charges
Our law firm defends people against every type of criminal allegation, including, but not limited to:
- DWI (Driving While Intoxicated): Stephen Harris has a wealth of experience defending people facing this charge. Whether this is your first offense or if you have prior convictions, Stephen understands the strategies and is prepared to take dynamic action in your defense.
- Drug Offenses: Our law firm defends people accused of possessing and/or distributing all types of illegal drugs, including prescription drug charges. Recently, we have represented a number of people accused of selling synthetic marijuana. Whatever your charge involves, our lawyers are ready to take action.
- Federal Criminal Offenses: Federal law enforcement agents will go to great lengths to investigate people suspected of criminal charges. The earlier you contact our law firm, the stronger your defense will be. Early action is always the best action.
- Assault and Battery: Violent crimes can lead to significant penalties, including incarceration. Stephen will examine every defense, including self-defense, in order to seek a positive outcome.
- Domestic Violence: Criminal Domestic Violence (CDV) or Criminal Domestic Violence of a High and Aggravated Nature (CDVHAN) can bring on especially high penalties. Our lawyer will work diligently to explore every possible defense to clear your name.
- Gun Crimes: In South Carolina, gun crimes are taken very seriously and are punishable by exorbitant fines and even prison time. Stephen is ready to present the strongest defense to your case, no matter the charge.
- Sex Crimes: These allegations can severely damage your reputation, to say nothing of the criminal penalties. At Harris and Huge LLC, we will provide a tough, nonjudgmental defense in order to ensure your reputation is not wrongfully defamed.
If you would like to learn more about our firm’s DWI defense practice, call 843-619-3951 or review our firm’s DWI website.
Over Stephen’s career, both in private practice and in his previous position as a public defender, he has defended nearly every type of felony charge, including murder, armed robbery, criminal sexual conduct (CSC), drug trafficking, burglary in the first and second degree, kidnapping and assault and battery. Stephen has practiced in courts throughout South Carolina and the Lowcountry, including Charleston County, Berkeley County, Dorchester County, and Colleton County.